Wednesday 1 January 2014

Todays Menu
Lamb Mousaka
and a selection of fresh vegetables
Mince Tarts and cream

Method
I preheated the oven to 180 c Gas mark 6
I took one large Aubergine and cut it into cubes placed them in a bowl and sprinkled salt over them, set them aside for 2 hours, After which I rinsed them off and added them to the onion mixture.
I then took 25 gr of green Lentils and 25 gr of brown Lentils,and placed them in a saucepan of water and set them to boil then simmer till tender.
I then fried off  one large sliced onion,aubergine  in a little oil and added 2 cloves of garlic.I then added 400 gr of minced Lamb to the onion mixture and fried it till it was cooked.
I a jug I measured out 4 fld oz of Red Wine 2 tbsp of tomato puree and a tsp of ground cinnamon,this I added to the meat mixture and let it all simmer for 20 mins.
Whilst this was happening I made a white sauce out of 1 pint of milk,3 oz of butter and 3 oz of plain flour,to which I then added when cooled 2 eggs and 400 grams of cream cheese and some freshly grated nutmeg.
To assemble I placed the meat mixture into a oven proof dish,and then spread the sauce mixture over the top, finally I grated some Parmesan Cheese over the top of this and placed it in a preheated oven,and baked it off for 30 mins.


No comments:

Post a Comment